Thursday, May 8, 2008

Saving with a New Approach


I have a real weakness for magazines, but I have been trying not to pay full price for them. I use to not be able to go into a store without going down the magazine aisle. Now I would rather put my money to better things. However, I have not done without plenty of current magazines. Our library has a place where the Friends of the Library sell old books and magazines. Adult books vary in cost but childrens books and magazines are 25 cents. Most of the time I get magazines the same month they are in the store. Here is an example of a few that I got on our weekly library visit.

2 comments:

henny said...

Hi,
I also can't stand for not buying books or magazine! I wrote about that on my blog with the same title.

Lori said...

this is a great solution! i have really tried to cut back on my magazine buying this year, and i'm trying to get my fix at the library, but it's hard! some days you just want a shiny mag to take home from the grocery store. ;^)