Monday, August 11, 2008

Fun Books From the Library

In the middle of this week, Hope will be heading on a road trip with her daddy. I plan on using my toddler-free time very wisely. I have so much sewing to do. I want to make new curtains for the living room. I have the fabric forever. It is just a lot of material to work with when someone with little fingers is running all over my sewing area.

Today at the library I found these fun books. I want to try to use some of the ideas from them when I am working on my Wardrobe Refashion clothes.
Fabric Jewelry by Teresa Searle


The New Crewel by Katherine Shaughnessy
I am hoping to get a lot of sewing done!!!
I also want to work on a time schedule for my family for fall... We usually do a lot better with a plan for our time then when we just go about things willy-nilly. If any of you follow schedules I would love some tips on planning fun things into our schedule. It seems like the fun family things are the first to get skipped when we are just running all over...

4 comments:

dana said...

Wow, what a fun week for you! Enjoy your hours of free sewing time!

Melissa Goodsell said...

oh how funny...I just got that first book from the library too :)) I've had it on order for ages.
Melx

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you and your time to sew!

Fall schedules... that's crazy. I'd love to have a planned out life. I am hopelessly willy nilly!

If you do get a chance to de-clutter, let me know how it goes!

henny said...

How's your sew day anyway? I hope you could do so much and enjoy your own time.

But wow..fall schedules, don't you think you move too faster? :) I used to be that way couple of years before (until the small detail), but I really tired after all. It was like all "the burden" staying only on my shoulders. So now, I just take it easy for everything. I do have some plans, but only for the "big" cases and let the rest just "flow".