Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Aliens Growing in My Kitchen


It wasn't that long ago... that I read somewhere to let your kids grow a sweet potato plant in a mason jar. It just so happened that I had a volunteer sweet potato on my cake plate stand where I keep lonely fruits and veggies. It had already started to sprout leaves. So I figured we would see what happened... At first it was so fun to see the roots grow... We could almost see them growing each time we walked into the kitchen... The plant took also wanted me to water it each time I was in there... It was amazing how much water a growing plant uses...





Now the sweet potato is very large and turning into a vine. I am not sure what to do with it next... I don't know what I was thinking would happen, but now it seems like the sweet potato vine is taking over and influencing other plants to sprout... Look at my onions....






And now I have a potato that wants to be grown too... Either way... We have had lots of fun growing our little kitchen alien... Maybe we will try carrots next...

1 comment:

feistyurchin said...

Plant them in the ground and see what happens!! All my potatoes end up looking like that by the way ;)