Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Help Me and My Piece of Wood

I love a stray piece of wood. I have several... However this is a big one...

I always see so much potential in almost any piece of useable wood. Knowing this, one of my older sons, Gregory drug this lovely, heavy, piece of plywood. At first it was in the entry way... then I put it near the sliding door leading to the back porch...
Then I got the idea of applying Gesso on it and turning it into a wall painting. The only thing that has kept me back so far is that it is very heavy and hanging it might be a bit of a chore.
Resently I have placed it on a long card table I have so that I can spray paint some of the things that are in need of transformation.

(Spray Paint Table)

Under the spray paint table has turned into a cave/house.

I am still no closer to knowing what to do with my wooden treasure...
What do you think???I really need suggestions...
The wood needs to become something or go to a new home...

3 comments:

Chile said...

How I have used stray pieces of wood, including big pieces:

1. Made a headboard by covering with fiber filling, stretching spare material over, and stapling it down in the back.

2. Put on top of boxes of stored material (or food or seasonal clothes or whatever) to make a working table.

3. Backing for a yard sale sign.

4. Block dog from hiding under desk during thunderstorms so she can't tear up the rest of the carpet she missed the first time.

5. Use to keep jack from sinking in the soft dirt when working under the vehicle.

Regina said...

I think it would make a great outdoor/garden art piece. You could paint it however you like, weather-proof it with varnish of some kind and lean it against your fence or house. Have fun with it :)

Melissa said...

Paint it with chalkboard paint, and you can have a huge chalkboard in your backyard for your little girl to color. I'm planning on making one for O pretty soon. I think she'll love painting it with water.