Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Deep Dark Secret

Okay it is time for a confession... that I am only telling you... so shhhhhhhhh... Don't tell anyone around here...

(Brownie Bite Failures)


There are times when I am asked to bring some sort of baked good and either my first idea didn't turn out... or I run out of time. When this happens I resort to my... Secret Friend.. Little Debbie and her brownies...
I am not sure when I started to do this... but it was a LONG... time ago... I buy several boxes of Little Debbie Brownies and cut them up in a really cute way... and either package them in a really cute way... or if I am taking them to a party I put them on a pretty plate or dish...
(Secret Brownie Bite Treasures)
No one has ever asked or figured it out... At least they haven't said so... and I don't have quiet friends, they would mention it if they knew. When people say they were good... I smile and say "thank you." They usually are all eaten by the time it is time to go home... so next time you need a fast party food or gift... Try it... It really works...

6 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

As much as I love to bake and I do well at it... me and little debbie... we are TIGHT!!! LOL LOL.. I LOVE LOVE her brownies... something about them.. that keep calling my name!!!!

thanks for visiting my blog!!! come visit again!!! Ü

kelly said...

brilliant! i have a brownie trifle dessert that i often bring... if i run out of time, i buy the premade brownies too.

Grosgrain said...

This is such a great idea....right along the lines of "semi-homemade cooking". I don't know if you've ever seen it on the food network but she has all kinds of neat ideas like this one:)

Unknown said...

What a funny idea and so cute!

henny said...

Brilliant of you! haha...
Sometimes moms need such ideas like that. Thanks for sharing.

Lil_Birdie said...

Oh my gosh , why didn't I think of this ? I love to bake but there have been so many times my child has needed something for school the day where I wish I didn't have to. (ps I make great brownies but every single time I have tried to bake them in the tiny muffin trays they have come out terrible ... by the time I think they are done they are hard as a rock )