Monday, July 21, 2008

The Final Outfit for the Applique Bird

I am in the midst of trying to use up old fabrics and at the same time I am trying to make clothing out of old clothes by refashioning them. I have been wanting to make something out of this old fabric from the thrift store for awhile. I thought it would make a really cute little swing top for Hope to run around in... but when I opened it up it had some little holes in it...This should have made me stop in my tracks.. but instead I marched on and cut the pattern out around the little moth bites...

That would have been fine if the problems stopped there... but instead I discovered the fabric was so stretchy if I wasn't careful it would be all wonky and pulled... Very aggravating...Still I march on... I made this pocket that I showed in my Applique Bird Post

I also made a little matching button.


Finished Project... It wrinkles almost as soon as it is ironed. Quite maddening... But on the bright side bird is cute :)

5 comments:

suzof7 said...

That is adorable! I love the little bird and the way you overcame the obstacles.

You probably already know this, but it's a good idea to throw any thrifted wool into the freezer just in case there are any moth larvae hiding inside.

What an adorable girl you have!

henny said...

Oh..Hope must be glad for always having new 'remodelling' dress.

i'm kelly said...

love the little bidie! adorable.

i'm kelly said...

birdie, i mean

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

Love the bird! It's my new project... I want to do my whole kitchen in birds!