Monday, July 21, 2008

My Notebook

My black notebook is a wonderful place for me to keep my creative ideas. I used to start and stop notebooks as my moods changed... Instead of using the same one. I lost a lot of ideas that way. Then one day I decided to force myself not to change notebooks just because my book had become less then perfect.


(Coffee Spill)
Inside have drawn ideas from library books. I write the title, author, and call number. That away I can find more information if I need it or need to give credit to the creator of the original idea.

(Rough Drawings with Ideas)
I put my sewing measurements and notes about patterns I have designed. That way I know what needs to be done the next time I sew it


(Little Patterns or drawings for Shrinky Dinks)

I keep thinking I need to write down ideas I see on the internet, along with the website, but I haven't gotten around to being that organized. There are times when I barely get to read my blogs are sit down with my computer. I am afraid if I added something to it I would never get things done. However, I think it is a good idea :)

10 comments:

dana said...

I love your notebook idea. I've actually never thought of that. Duh. Brilliant.
Sometimes I send emails to myself with measurements for items I know I'll make over and over. But this sounds more "organized". I'm gonna do it.

Anonymous said...

When I am on a roll, I have a really neat binder full of forms to fill out including ideas that I see on the internet but gosh, I haven't cracked it open in ages. I love your idea book. I am reading an amazing book about writing down ideas. I think yours is very similar to what she was talking about. Now I just need to thrift one. Oh and I kind of like the coffee stains.

corry said...

It's a great idea to have a notebook! I always collect things here and there..much nicer to have them in one place! So I think I'm gonna start one too!

beki said...

I should follow your lead. I have a gazillion notebooks scattered all over the place.

Suzanne said...

I have a smaller version that fits in my purse. That way I can jot things down wherever the inspiration strikes me. It also contains shopping lists so it's multi-functional.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

MJ said...

Love it love it! I have a similar notebook, and I love it when it gets a little worn...or it wears a little coffee...it shows that you actually are using it! The only difference I see in my notebook is that I start a new page with every idea and date it and give the idea a title. That could, however, be a bit of a waste (starting each idea on a new page). It also goes in my purse and everywhere I go (but my purses are on the large side!) I started the notebook when I found myself doodling in the back of my journal or anywhere else I could find a spare corner of paper. Putting everything in one place is a total time saver!

MJ said...

oh, forgot one thing...I keep a shopping list of craft-related items in the back and cross them out or tear out the page as I pick up the items. this way all craft related ideas and shoping lists are in one place, but the lists don't bog up the flow of creative ideas. Maybe that's a little extreme, but I'm highly distractible!!!

Tricia said...

I love getting to peek into other peoples notebooks! I'm terrible about keeping a diary, so my notebook is part journal, part sketch book, idea book , recipe keeper...just about everything is in it. My daughters love looking through it.
Thanks for visiting my craft blog, its always fun to meet new people:)

henny said...

I also have notebooks, 2. One is a real book like you did and one is my PDA. Like you, I keep it all the ideas that coming in. But my problem is I sometimes write not in a sequence, I mean I just open any page and write so sometimes need an extra 'energy' to find one of the old ideas I had written. :(

Shel, that day I was wrong to write your email address (forgot to put "s")that's why you didn't receive it. I'll try again after this.

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea! I try to keep one myself. I'm just like you though, I will change notebooks with the change of the breeze outside! There's always a reason, but my favorite and funniest that I tell myself is that "that new/cute notebook will make me more creative"!! HAHA! It's like having an inner dialog with a 2 year old!